- n someone who operates a forge
- n someone who makes copies illegally
- The cops first told Clifford Shephard that he was "the phantom forger" the day after they fingerprinted and mugged him.
- With some pride, the New York Public Library last week announced that it had just received as a gift an arrant forgery to add to its notable collection of autographs.
- Ever since humankind became literate, civilization has been bedeviled by the forger's determination to deceive by mimicking the writing of others.
News & Articles
- In B.A.Shapiro's 'The Art Forger', cat-mouse game paints an intriguing picture story: New in Paperback
In B.A. Shapiro's sophisticated whodunit, "The Art Forger", struggling artist Claire Roth is not only an expert copier -- she paints legitimate copies of famous paintings for a company called Repro -- she's a Degas expert.
June 21, 2013 - The Cleveland Plain Dealer
- Noteworthy paperbacks
The Art Forger, by B.A. Shapiro. (Algonquin) In 1990, 13 works of art were looted from a Boston museum, including a Rembrandt, a Vermeer and several sketches by Degas. Shapiro’s nimble mystery revisits this brazen theft: more than two decades on, a stolen Degas painting seems to resurface and Claire Roth, a talented yet struggling artist, is lured into reproducing the long-missing masterpiece.
June 21, 2013 - The Charlotte Observer
- Check forger gets away with thousands of dollars
Police hope to stop a successful forger who's gotten away with thousands of dollars so far by cashing fraudulent checks at multiple south Georgia banks.
June 18, 2013 - WALB Albany
- Simon Lynge in Sky News
I went to LA where I was playing a club where this guy called Matt Forger was there,explains Lynge. "He engineered Michael Jackson's Thriller and Bad albums. He loved my music and offered to record my album for free, and it ended up in the...
- Melvin Dummar in Wall Street Journal
I've never really gotten over it,Mr. Dummar says. "For 30 years, everybody just laughed at me and treated me like some kind of criminal, a forger. Until a few months ago, I thought it was a lost cause."