- n the quality of being alien or not native
- Nowadays, when millions are living in places not fully their own, foreignness is nothing to write home about.
- I lowered my sunglasses, thinking that my light eyes and obvious foreignness usually a quick pass out of any brush with Afghan officialdom would speed us through the .
- It processes the experiences of the foreign traveler into a focused examination of the relationship between foreignness and being "native," particularly the nature of "Americanness.
News & Articles
- Time For X-No-Wiretap HTTP Header?
Freshly Exhumed writes "A security blogger, acknowledging that the NSA methodically ranks communications on the basis of their 'foreignness' factor to determine candidacy for prolonged retention proposes, is proposing '...an opportunity for us on the civilian front to aid the NSA by voluntarily indicating citizenship on all our networked communications. Here, we define the syntax and semantics ...
Sept. 8, 2013 - Slashdot
- Edward Thomas in guardian.co.uk
Thomas said of Frost's poetry: "It is curious to have such good natural English with just that shade of foreignness in the people and the poet himself."
- Zoe Wanamaker in Times Online
Wanamaker says she has to "find a foreignness" for this heroine, more so than for other Tennessee Williams parts.
- Antonio Munoz Molina in San Francisco Chronicle
But when Molina writes, "You are uprootedness and foreignness, not being completely in any one place, not sharing the certainty of belonging that seems so natural and easy to others, taking it for granted like the firm ground beneath their...