footrest : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a low seat or a stool to rest the feet of a seated person
- The elegant carbon-fiber-and-aluminum Scoot combines a wide, scooped-out footrest with rugged, over-size wheels.
- If you're also prone to back pain, keep the blood flowing by putting an extra pillow under your knees, or use your briefcase as a footrest to raise your legs.
- Injured last October when her neck became wedged in the footrest of a reclining chair, Joy suffered irreversible brain damage.
- Ian Wright in Life Style Extra
Talking about the home cinema Wright, who became Arsenal's highest ever scorer before Thierry Henry beat his record, said: "When you're in there, it's exactly like being in an old cinema. Each seat has a square footrest and a holder for your drink...
- James Toseland in Times Online
I so wanted to do well for the home crowd,says Toseland. "I was very lucky not to break my wrist, but I did get back on. The biggest problem was that I ripped off the footrest and had to continue holding my leg up. I knew I couldn't make...
- Michael Schumacher in ITV.com
This was a classic example of how to learn the hard way,Schumacher wrote on his personal website. "I had just planned an attack on the bike in front, and had chosen quite a narrow gap to get a good exit curve. My footrest hitched onto the...