folksy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s characteristic of country life
- s very informal and familiar
a folksy radio commentator
a folksy style
- Keeping vigil outside Bush's Crawford, Texas, ranch for nearly a month, Sheehan became a folksy celebrity: a hero to some and a villain to others.
- We do seem to want our pilots to sound folksy--otherwise why would they all use that same Chuck Yeager accent?--so maybe we want our Vice Presidents to sound folksy too.
- She had that folksy thing down although I did notice, watching the squiggly lines down at the bottom of the CNN screen, that when she tried to get cutesy with her folksiness .
News & Articles
- John Mayer Sets August Release Date For New Album, ‘Paradise Valley;’ Releases New Single, “Paper Doll”
Mayer is back, indeed. On August 13, John Mayer will release his new album, Paradise Valley. The set, Mayer’s sixth studio album, is the follow-up to 2012?s Born and Raised. Mayer just released Paradise Valley’s first single, “Paper Doll.” The folksy, yet soulful tune is probably an answer to Taylor Swift‘s Mayer-inspired “Dear John,” but [...]
June 18, 2013 - Neon Limelight
- John Oliver Starts Mocking Palin’s Return To Fox, Then Has A Revelation: ‘We Can Just Fu*king Ignore Her!’
John Oliver began his second week guest-hosting The Daily Show welcoming Sarah Palin back to Fox News. Okay, maybe "welcoming" is a strong word. In fact, Oliver realized that rather than spending the whole show piling on every single folksy thing Palin says, he might as well just ignore her instead.
June 18, 2013 - Mediaite
- Jeb Bush highlights immigration battle of GOP establishment vs newcomers
WASHINGTON — Former Govs. Haley Barbour and Jeb Bush, the folksy pol from Mississippi and the policy wonk from Florida, sat next to each other Thursday pitching immigration reform as vital for the economic future of an aging country.
June 14, 2013 - St. Petersburg Times Blogs
- Matt Damon in TheNewsTribune.com
It's like a really bad Disney movie, The Hockey Mom.' Oh, I'm just a hockey mom from Alaska, and she's president,said Damon. "She's facing down Vladimir Putin and using the folksy stuff she learned at the hockey rink. It's absurd."
- Robin Lakoff in San Diego Union Tribune
Obama speaks purely standard American English,said Lakoff, a Democrat. "Nevertheless, he has fashioned it into this warm, folksy kind of instrument."