- n a rough loosely woven fabric originally made with yarn that was spun at home
- s of textiles; having a rough surface
a sweater knitted of nubbly homespun yarns
- s characteristic of country life
the air of homespun country boys
- s made of cloth spun or woven in the home
- Her parents, who like many educated Indians had supported Mohandas Gandhi's struggle against colonialism, insisted on wearing clothing made only of homespun cotton.
- He was an orator given to ungrammatical homespun anecdotes and a campaigner whose baby-kissing forays through county fairs belied his statehouse reputation as a master of .
- Like a homespun IPO, CatwalkGenius.
News & Articles
- Historic re-enactors to celebrate Toombs’ 203rd birthday Saturday
The celebration of Robert Toombs 203rd birthday, entitled “Homespun: The Fabric of a Nation” is set for Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Robert Toombs House Historic Site complete with historic re-enactors and birthday cake made from a historic recipe. Admission is free.
June 19, 2013 - The News-Reporter
- Food Companies Work to Make It Look Natural
Make it look natural; companies work to make packaged foods appear homespun
June 17, 2013 - ABC News
- Cheesecake Factory succeeds with indulgence for the common man
The restaurant with high-calorie menus and high-grossing locations is on the rebound. With stock near an all-time high, it's easing back into expansion mode. The Cheesecake Factory is at once an ostentatious den of dining and decorative excess as well as a homespun throwback to family tradition.
June 15, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Joseph Collins in AOL News
He is totally devoted and a great student of the game,said Collins, who now teaches at the National War College. "He likes to sometimes emphasize the homespun and even the coarse at times, but he's actually one of the best-read military...
- Bill Clinton in Las Cruces Sun-News
He was truly one of a kind - a great governor and a wonderful man who used his homespun manner to demonstrate, and sometimes to hide, a razor-sharp mind and an amazing wit. Bruce was my generation's Will Rogers,Clinton said in a statement.
- Zack Werner in Toronto Star
I think he's got all the grandmas and a lot of moms and whatever that really think he's just a sweet, angelic kid who deserves a lot of support and they really love the throwback kind of homespun honesty,Werner said of the 17-year-old student...