folding : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the process whereby a protein molecule assumes its intricate three-dimensional shape
understanding protein folding is the next step in deciphering the genetic code
- n a geological process that causes a bend in a stratum of rock
- n the act of folding
- v bend or lay so that one part covers the other
- v incorporate a food ingredient into a mixture by repeatedly turning it over without stirring or beating
- v cease to operate or cause to cease operating
- v confine in a fold, like sheep
- v become folded or folded up
- s capable of being folded up and stored
- Now he's tackling the hottest folding problem of the day: finding the rules that govern how protein molecules twist into the complex shapes that are key to their biological function.
- On the ground, the wings folding against the fuselage like those of a fly (now would be a good time to note that Waterman must have been crazy to get airborne in such a contraption.
- Seated on folding chairs in a packed Indianapolis courtroom last week was the largest array of defendants to stand trial for a single murder in Indiana his tory.
News & Articles
- Chris Mannix: Game 7 will haunt Spurs, but don't write their epitaph just yet
MIAMI -- Slowly, painstakingly, Tim Duncan climbed the stairs of the dais late Thursday night, folding his battered body delicately into a cushioned chair. He stared down at a stat sheet vacantly, unable to look up to address a reporter's question, unable to finish a sentence without his voice trailing off. This one hurt. Never before had Duncan tasted failure like this in the NBA Finals.
June 21, 2013 - Sports Illustrated
- Can You Fold a T-Shirt in Two Seconds Flat?
Consider folding the laundry a tiresome, time-consuming chore no more. In a video posted to YouTube, “how to” expert Dave Hax shows you how to fold a T-shirt or short-sleeved shirt in two seconds, or even less. The video opens with Hax folding a shirt...
June 20, 2013 - ABC News
- Fold A T-Shirt In Under 2 Seconds
Folding your clothes can take quite a bit of time, but it doesn’t have too. Dave Hax, a youtube how to expert, has come up with a way you can fold your t-shirts in two seconds. Paul Robins, Bethany Crouch …
June 20, 2013 - FOX40 Sacramento
- Jack Roush in International Herald Tribune
The real risk is race teams folding,said Jack Roush, Edwards' car owner. "The bigger concern I've got is we keep the racing affordable, the race teams affordable for the sponsors, and we're able to keep these other race teams in business."
- Michael Lopez-Alegria in Forbes
You've probably heard us use the analogy of trying to fold a map,US astronaut Michael Lopez-Alegria, a space station crew member, said during a news conference from space. "At times, when you're folding a map, it's helpful to poke it here...
- Donna Brazile in Washington Post
It's not perfect, but the good news is that there are more people of color and more women in the pipeline,Brazile said. "We just need to give them a seat at the table, even if it's a folding chair."