foetal : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a of or relating to a fetus
- Bundled in a special harness, lying (in the foetal position, which was thought to be safest) between two poles which held up a nylon loop, Doster watched a Stinson Voyager plane .
- Others thought the picture looked like a vast translucent cranium containing a number of babies enveloped in autumn leaves, some of the children still foetal, one blue-veined .
- She continued to regress until she assumed the foetal posture, breathing gently being her only movement.
News & Articles
- New Study Suggests A Drink A Day While Pregnant Is OK
A glass of wine a day will not harm your baby and may actually be good for a child’s development, researchers have found. Moderate drinking of between three and seven glasses of alcohol a week does not harm a child’s foetal neurodevelopment, it is said.
June 19, 2013 - Business Insider
- Paris Hilton in Daily News (subscription)
I was basically in the foetal position, basically in hysterics ...... and having severe anxiety and panic attacks,Hilton said in the People interview.
- Simon Baron-Cohen in Medical News Today (press release)
Professor Baron-Cohen said: "The study highlights for the first time the association between foetal testosterone and autistic traits, and indicates that foetal testosterone not only masculinises the body, it masculinises the mind and therefore the...
- Nathan Sharpe in Sydney Morning Herald
I spent the last five days in bed curled up in the foetal position but the worst of it is well and truly over and I've had a day or so of eating food,Sharpe said. "I'm probably at the weight now that I was when I was seventeen or eighteen...