flesh : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the soft tissue of the body of a vertebrate: mainly muscle tissue and fat
- n alternative names for the body of a human being
the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak
- n a soft moist part of a fruit
- v remove adhering flesh from (hides) when preparing leather manufacture
- The Marvel Zombies series takes place in an alternate world where every hero is infected with a zombifying illness: They crave human flesh and they can't die.
- When one nun visited a remote mountain village in 1937, the chief took a bite out of her arm to sample her flesh but she received no other affront.
- The excess flesh has turned septic and begun to necrotize, and that is the stench in the air in San Diego.
News & Articles
- In the Flesh extends sympathy toward the undead
The British miniseries In the Flesh takes its place with the greatest zombie movies of all time. Like 1968's Night of the Living Dead , the granddaddy of the genre, it's both a gross-out horror story and a grim satire. In this case, the object of satire is England's bumbling public health bureaucracy.
June 8, 2013 - Isthmus
- The Thursday Playlist: In the Flesh, Burn-Graceland Combo, TNT's Reality Adventures
The Thursday Playlist: In the Flesh, Burn-Graceland Combo, TNT's Reality Adventures Seattle Post-Intelligencer Copyright 2013 Seattle Post-Intelligencer. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 7:17 am, Thursday, June 6, 2013 While watching BBC America's fascinating and unexpectedly moving three-part miniseries In the Flesh ...
June 7, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- 'In the Flesh': BBC America Finds a New Approach to the Zombie Genre By Taking the Undead Point of View
In the Flesh,the three-part supernatural miniseries premiering on BBC American tonight, June 6, at 10pm, begins with a scene that recalls a famous entry in the zombie movie canon -- "Dawn of the Dead," when a group of survivors initially takes giddy joy in the post-apocalyptic freedom they have to enjoy the contents of an entire empty mall. Society may be crumbling, but you don't have to pay ...
June 6, 2013 - indieWIRE
- Abu Bakr in FOXNews
The cafeteria is still not clean. There is still flesh of the bomber on the floor,Abu Bakr said. "Broken glass has not been removed, and a meeting hall is still full of dust."
- Andy Roddick in USA Today
I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh... Martin Luther King http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Luther_King,_Jr.&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHseSRQmT3TmRBJOlbGGVSeJWjW7w The Virginian-Pilot http://www.google.com/url?q=http://hamptonroads.com/2008/06/echoes-history-obamas-moment&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFVJKZv4DUXWErPYqaQu2qELTTtuA Jun 4, 2008
38161 49389 flesh We've been thinking a lot about Jimmy in the last couple of weeks, so for him to be here in the flesh, we're really happy," Roddick said. "For him to go through what he's been going through, to hop a flight and show up this morning and stay...