flanders : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a medieval country in northern Europe that included regions now parts of northern France and Belgium and southwestern Netherlands
News & Articles
- St. Onge man killed in motorcycle crash
David Allen Flanders, 51, was killed early Friday morning.
June 22, 2013 - KOTA Rapid City
- Rudolph to Participate in the Fifth Annual CEO Investor Summit 2013
FLANDERS, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Paul McLaughlin will present at the CEO Investor Summit on July 10 in San Francisco. The 'round-robin' format consists of small group meetings. RSVP early to guarantee attendance.
June 21, 2013 - Business Wire
- World Food Prize goes to a Belgian for the first time: The scientist Marc Van Montagu
( VIB (the Flanders Institute for Biotechnology) ) The Flemish plant scientist Marc Van Montagu is being awarded the "World Food Prize 2013," jointly with the American scientists Mary-Dell Chilton and Robert T. Fraley. This was announced by US Secretary of State, John Kerry. The World Food Prize gives the award annually to one or more people whose work has been of exceptional social importance ...
June 19, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Yves Leterme in Washington Post
It is abhorrent. It defies belief. It is a caricature of Flanders,said Yves Leterme, the Minister-President of the Flemish region.
- John McCrae in Hounslow Chronicle
In the conclusion of his famous poem, In Flanders Field, Canadian physician Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae wrote: "If ye break faith with us who die/ We shall not sleep, though poppies grow/ In Flanders fields."
- Desmond Shawe-Taylor in Reuters Canada
The most important painting in the collection is Bruegel's 'Massacre of the Innocents' which is completely incomprehensible unless you know about the political history of Flanders at that time,Shawe-Taylor said.