- n a soft light woolen fabric; used for clothing
- n bath linen consisting of a piece of cloth used to wash the face and body
- n (usually in the plural) trousers made of flannel or gabardine or tweed or white cloth
- Wilson's book had already confirmed what everybody knewthat the gray flannel suit had become the uniform of some sort of success in a tall building in New York.
- Of all professions, the staid, gray flannel world of accounting last week erupted in a name-calling civil war.
- Every flannel and fleece pullover is choreographed to present the appearance of effortless cool.
News & Articles
- Oh, you pretty things
Some say nostalgia in fashion trends runs on a 20-year cycle. Others put it at around 50. That would give modern-day wistfulness to anything from the flannel-and-combat boot grunge look of the ‘90s to the fastidiously groomed, impeccably decked-out “Mad Men”-era chic of the ‘60s.
June 12, 2013 - City Pulse
- “Giving Up the Ghost” by Mary Logue
So far: Wendy hesitates to tell even a close friend about the ghost. Istill couldn’t bring myself to sleep in our bed. Too much space. Empty space. Some nights I slept in the guest bedroom with the flannel sheets and old quilts.
June 11, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Ex-Journey Singer: Steve Perry All Smiles In Post-Surgery Photo
Ex-Journey singer Steve Perry was all smiles in a recent post-surgery photo he posted on his personal blog. The 64-year-old ran into MTV DJ Martha Quinn at a local street fair. Both were coincidentally wearing a flannel shirt, and Quinn even pointed it out in her Twitter post. The photo comes after Perry was diagnosed [...] Ex-Journey Singer: Steve Perry All Smiles In Post-Surgery Photo is a ...
June 11, 2013 - The Inquisitr