flan : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n open pastry filled with fruit or custard
- Now, don't you think that last summer, or the summer before, or especially back in the '80s, there were fewer paunches out there that jiggled like flan?.
- Oenophiles are not forgotten, though: selections like an hors d'oeuvre of orange-flavored prawns on a flan of pine nuts, celeriac pure and cream of olive oil get paired with top .
- What do you call a cuisine that offers plantain flan, mango tabbouleh and a boniato-yuca torta? Miamamerican cooking? Nuevo Mundo cuisine? Nuevo Cubano?.
News & Articles
- 'Trailer Park Musical': DLT's production is can't-turn-away-from fun (June 14-29)
If the words "trailer park" make you titter, if you didn't miss an episode of TLC's "Welcome to Myrtle Manor" this spring, if a musical about agoraphobia, adultery, '80s nostalgia, spray cheese, road kill, hysterical pregnancy, a broken chair, kleptomania, strippers, flan and disco sounds like a blast, drag a metal patio chair up to the Dalton Little Theatre.
June 14, 2013 - Chattanooga Times Free Press
- Keith Peacock in Charlton Athletic Football Club
...had entered the field as a second-half substitute that day, said: "It all went off five minutes from time when Mike went through. I made a run one side, Derek made a run on the other and really Flan should have put one of us in to score....
- Andrea in News Transcript
I like the food,said Andrea Mango, 16. "The flan was good. It's like a Mexican dessert. It looks like a pita that's stuffed with cheese. That was pretty good."
- Andrew Bujalski in Austin American-Statesman (subscription)
It's really good,Bujalski says when he returns to the table. "I don't know if I needed a large. But it does taste like flan. She said something about it being made with flan juice. I'm not sure what that is."