- n an effervescent beverage (usually alcoholic)
- v become bubbly or frothy or foaming
- Celebrating "fizz-night" a week before the Oxford-Cambridge boat-race, Oxford and Cambridge oarsmen gathered last week in their respective training quarters near Putney, England.
- From the first sip of the proffered aperitif at El Bulli a frozen gin with hot lemon fizz you know you're in for something different.
- Do Genki drinks have real fizz? PTI takes them for a road test.
News & Articles
- Morning Report: Shining a Light on Street Light Options
Food stamp showdown, great benefits for school board members, Big Stench gets a fizzy treatment and the Great Bad Service Debate.
June 18, 2013 - Voice of San Diego
- Shocker: Ranch Dressing Soda Gets A Bad Review
Soda maker Rocket Fizz is known for pushing the envelope with its drink flavors. The company, which has previously produced lines flavored to taste like buffalo chicken wings, peanut butter and jelly and bacon, has put out its latest drink — ranch dressing soda . The Huffington Post talked with Rocket Fizz co-founder, Rob Powells, about the origin of the drink. “My Rocket Fizz business partner ...
June 17, 2013 - Opposing Views
- Served Up: Make Bleu's 'awesome' Blackberry Gin Fizz
Served Up is a Press-Gazette Media series highlighting the area's expert mixologists and their favorite drink recipes at some of the best cocktail bars in the Green Bay area. Today's video features Patrick Whitney from Bleu in Ledgeview demonstrating how to make a drink he calls the Blackberry Gin Fizz.
June 13, 2013 - Green Bay Press-Gazette
- Tim Holding in Sydney Morning Herald
They have finally decided to copy Melbourne and try to host major international events, however, like much of Sydney, they are all fizz but no action,Mr Holding said. "Actions speak louder than words. Sydney's last attempt to steal an...
- Eddie Jordan in USA Today
It's like Alka-Seltzer,Sixers head coach Eddie Jordan said. "For any you that are old enough to remember the commercial: plop, plop, fizz, fizz, oh what a relief it is."
- Paul Keating in Sydney Morning Herald
Paul Keating says Tony Abbott is a "young fogey" and has compared Malcolm Turnbull to a firecracker - a "bit of fizz but then nothing".