fitful : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s occurring in spells and often abruptly
fitful bursts of energy
- s intermittently stopping and starting
fitful (or interrupted) sleep
- Her blog is a chronicle of her fitful transition from a spoiled city girl to a homey ranch wife, sort of a digital age version of "Green Acres.
- No one likes to walk into work after just a few fitful hours of sleep.
- By night fitful fires of Ilama dung and cactus leaves lighted the little camp 13,000 feet up on the cold and terrifying wastes of the Bolivian Andes.
News & Articles
- 'Mad Men' Ends Its Season With Don Being Forced to Confront His Unhappy Past and His Uncertain Future
The article below contains spoilers for "In Care Of," the June 23, 2013 episode of "Mad Men." It looks like everyone else has gotten sick of Don Draper too. If there's been an arc to this fitful sixth season of mergers, the Midwest and malaise on "Mad Men," it's one that laid clear that Don (Jon Hamm) is his own greatest impediment to happiness, that the ache for something more that makes him so ...
June 24, 2013 - indieWIRE
- Central office staff getting pink slips week before merger final
A school-merger process that has been acrimonious, emotional and fitful will take on an economic dimension this week as hundreds of central office workers for Memphis City Schools and Shelby County Schools -- with average pay packages of $85,000 -- are let go.
June 23, 2013 - Memphis Commercial Appeal
- Barack Obama in Independent
As he grew up, Obama writes: "I was engaged in a fitful interior struggle. I was trying to raise myself to be a black man in America, and no one around me seemed to know exactly what that meant."
- Yashwant Sinha in Reuters India
There is strong opposition to reforms in India from certain quarters and they embrace or include both the left and the right,former Finance Minister Yashwant Sinha told Reuters. "Reforms have been fitful, ad hoc and they have been...
- Paul Rowen in Railnews
Rochdale MP Paul Rowen, who chaired the inquiry, said: "Where the UK has invested in modern trams we have seen motorists switching to the tram and impressive growth in passenger numbers. However, progress has been slow and fitful - certainly when...