finer : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s (comparative of `fine') greater in quality or excellence
a finer wine
a finer musician
- s being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition
- s minutely precise especially in differences in meaning
- s thin in thickness or diameter
- s characterized by elegance or refinement or accomplishment
- a of textures that are smooth to the touch or substances consisting of relatively small particles
- s free from impurities; having a high or specified degree of purity
- For a man who enjoys the finer things he reportedly takes pleasure in Hollywood DVDs and expensive liquor, even as millions of North Koreans suffer in extreme hardship you .
- It's double the price ($140) but the construction looks finer and feels tighter.
- A millennium after the sport was born, we're breeding horses to finer and finer tolerances, racing them earlier and harder and producing an animal that may be a thrill to watch but .
News & Articles
- Digital 3-D atlas of brain reveals tiny details
Scientists have a new brain atlas to help them study their favorite organ. It's a digital, three-dimensional model called "BigBrain." Its resolution is finer than a human hair, so it can reveal ...
June 20, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- 3D Map Reveals Human Brain in Greatest Detail Ever
The postmortem brain of a 65-year-old woman has been transformed into a new 3D map revealing the intricate architecture of the human noggin on a scale finer than a human hair.
June 20, 2013 - LiveScience.com via Yahoo! News
- Fruition Sciences' secret to finer wine? Data from the field
Pair sensors on grapevines with a web app, and science meets the art of winemaking. This startup is helping to grow finer grapes and conserve water.
June 19, 2013 - GreenBiz
- Keith Erickson in The Associated Press
He believed in hopelessly out-of-date stuff that never did anything but win championships,Erickson said. "There's never been a finer man in American sports than John Wooden."
- Donnie Walsh in Sports Network
I made it clear from the beginning of the season this would be my last year,said Walsh. "When I accepted this part of the job 22 years ago it was my dream job and it has lived up to it in every way. There are no finer owners in the NBA...
- Tracy McGrady in ESPN
It's really unexplainable,said Tracy McGrady, who's averaged 26 points since Yao went out. "This is an inspirational season for this team. If we can keep it going, it would be one of the finer accomplishments of my career."