- n a contestant who reaches the final stages of a competition
- It earned a National Magazine Award nomination and was later expanded into a memoir of the same title that became a finalist for a PENMartha Albrand Award.
- In addition to the fee, publishers must agree to contribute $1,000 to a promotion campaign if the book becomes a finalist, purchase medallions to affix to finalist and winning .
- A finalist for Oxford University Press' Word of the Year, this phrase refers to gatherings where laptops (as well as other mobile devices like iPhones) are banned.
- Ricki Herbert in The Associated Press
There is no good way to leave the World Cup,before the final, Herbert said. "But leaving together with Italy and (2006 finalist) France can't be too bad."
- Ken Holland in Vancouver Sun
It feels great. It's such a big accomplishment to be here and to win this award. You know, after going from guard to center last year and being a finalist last year too, this is unbelievable. My guys did a heck of a lot helping me out this year and... Dan Mozes http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Mozes&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFJ2NOiwfiTW_n2B8JLhnhyzN772Q InsideTheVille.com (subscription) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://story.scout.com/a.z%3Fs%3D17%26p%3D2%26c%3D598686&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHRTDmT-QuZTeQBI45QCKaU-tERZg Dec 7, 2006
37448 48464 finalist What I like over three years, he's gone from being a spare part as a freshmen to by his junior year he's the leading scoring defenceman in the nation," Holland said. "He was voted a top 10 Hobey Baker finalist, so he's regarded as a premier...