- n the quality of being final or definitely settled
the finality of death
- A period has the unblinking finality of a red light; the comma is a flashing yellow light that asks us only to slow down; and the semicolon is a stop sign that tells us to ease .
- An elderly officer standing by spoke quietly to a friend: "I was on active duty during his funeral, when I shed bitter tears at the finality of death.
- Evans delivers his often outrageous, generally gloomy opinions with a resounding finality.
News & Articles
- Google's Real Secret Spy Program? Secure FTP
Google does not participate in any government program involving a lockbox or other equipment installed at its facilities to transfer court-ordered data to the government, a company spokesman says, refuting with some finality one of the lingering theories about the NSA’s PRISM program.
June 12, 2013 - Wired News
- Climer: Commodores disappointed but baseball future is bright
A half-hour or so after Louisville had ended Vanderbilt's baseball season with a 2-1 decision, the finality hit Commodores coach Tim Corbin.
June 10, 2013 - The Tennessean
- Carrasco drops appeal, serves reduced suspension
The Indians have some finality involving pitcher Carlos Carrasco who dropped his appeal reducing his eight game suspension to just seven. That would make the right-hander available on Monday the 17th against
June 9, 2013 - 19 Action News Cleveland
- Landon Donovan in The Associated Press
That was not a good day. For me or for the team,Donovan said when asked about the Ghana game in 2006. "What I remember most personally was my tentativeness and the immediate feeling afterward of the finality of it, and how disappointing...
- Miguel Estrada in National Post (blog)
At nearly 66 years of age, he has a particularly strong interest in bringing finality to these proceedings,his lawyer, Miguel Estrada, argues in the legal brief.
- David Cameron in The Guardian
Speaking in advance of a meeting with Barack Obama, he said: "I think it is in all our long-term interest that there is some clarity, some finality to all of this so that we don't at the same time see the destruction of a company that is important...