finances : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n assets in the form of money
- n the commercial activity of providing funds and capital
- n the branch of economics that studies the management of money and other assets
- n the management of money and credit and banking and investments
- v obtain or provide money for
- v sell or provide on credit
News & Articles
- Lee Zurik Investigation: Galvan's finances in hands of Parish Council - now what?
Governor Bobby Jindal has signed a bill into law, handing over control of the St. Tammany Parish coroner's finances to the Parish Council. It allows the council to set salaries and approve spending in the office. But reining in those finances will not be a simple task.
June 12, 2013 - FOX 8 New Orleans
- Fla. legislators failed to disclose finances
The state's ethics commission says five current and former Florida legislators did not properly disclose their finances.
June 12, 2013 - WFLX FOX 29
- Classes geared to improving own finances
Wed, 12 Jun 2013 19:10:58 GMT Yakima Herald-Republic Those looking to improve their personal finances can attend classes in Sunnyside and Yakima next week sponsored by Rural Community Development Resources and the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Yakima County. The workshops will instruct attendees on how to...
June 12, 2013 - Yakima Herald-Republic
- Gordon Brown in FOXNews
The impact of today's announcements on public finances will be temporary, investments will be held for no longer than is necessary to ensure stability,Brown said. "We will protect taxpayers' interests, liabilities will be backed by assets...
- Ben Bernanke in BusinessWeek
The path forward contains many difficult trade-offs and choices, but postponing those choices and failing to put the nation's finances on a sustainable long-run trajectory would ultimately do great damage to our economy,Bernanke said.
- Barack Obama in BusinessWeek
I am committed to the restoration of fiscal sustainability in the United States and believe that all G-20 countries should put in place credible and growth-friendly plans to restore sustainable public finances,Obama said. "We must be...