- n anything that tends to arouse
his approval was an added fillip
- Wide World is a rotating sequence of four formatsa week each of Jack Paar, Dick Cavett, comedy and mystery, with two nights of rock music thrown in as a fillip.
- An orderly, fair election in Nigeria would give a mighty fillip to the democratic project in Africa.
- The responsible British press paid little heed, but, as is often the case in British royal family matters, the gossip got an added fillip from a big play in New York's tabloid .
- Ian Poulter in Washington Post
The only potential short term fillip for the share price would come from an acquisition by a bank with the capability to fund the business on an ongoing basis or a stabilization of the credit markets,said Landsbanki analyst Ian Poulter.
- King Gyanendra in International Herald Tribune
Terrorist activities coupled with politics far removed from the common man gave a fillip to instability in the nation and put democracy at risk,Gyanendra said in his message read over state radio and television. "It is clear to our...