filly : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a young female horse under the age of four
- No filly in thoroughbred history has had as difficult a spring.
- Hillary Clinton enthusiastically picked a filly named Eight Belles to win the Kentucky Derby and compared herself to the horse.
- At post time, a few infield sentimentalists dredged up their last sous to get aboard Rita Hayworth's filly Double Rose.
News & Articles
- All News
A Flashy Bull filly, who was the co-fastest worker during the under-tack show of the Fasig-Tipton Texas auction of 2-year-olds in training at Lone Star Park, topped the sale on Tuesday when she fetched $170,000 from the Martin Racing and Carl Moore ...
June 12, 2013 - Daily Racing Form
- Woodbine barn under quarantine after filly's death
ETOBICOKE, Ontario – Woodbine’s Barn 1 was under a voluntary quarantine Tuesday, pending the results of a necropsy on a filly who died in her stall Monday morning.
June 11, 2013 - Daily Racing Form
- A filly in the Belmont: Will history repeat?
Filly Unlimited Budget teams up with jockey Rosie Napravnik in the Belmont Stakes It’s monumental when a 3-year-old filly challenges the colts and geldings in a Grade 1 mile-and-a-half classic known for crowning legends.
June 7, 2013 - Louisville.com