filial : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a designating the generation or the sequence of generations following the parental generation
- a relating to or characteristic of or befitting an offspring
- Victor has been the classic filial understudy.
- Although preliminary instrument checks at the site indicate that th subterranean chimney is already filial with gas, several months will pass before scientists can determine how .
- As an unshakable Chirac supporter and longtime Elyse chief of staff, de Villepin shared his mentor's hatred of Sarkozy, who in 1994 dropped nearly 20 years of filial devotion to .
News & Articles
- Our critic's selections for weekend films
Before Midnight Julie Delpy and Ethan Hawke return as Celine and Jesse, the young strangers on a heady Viennese walkabout in 1995's Before Sunrise, the couple sharing a rueful Paris reunion in 2004's Before Sunset. Now they are partners, with twin girls, on vacation in Greece, and facing the everyday realities of a relationship, trying to balance careers with filial responsibilities. It's talky ...
June 16, 2013 - The Philadelphia Inquirer
- Frank Talk: Father’s Day Q-and-A
As Father’s Day approaches, you may wonder whether a display of filial affection affirming your love and appreciation for dear old dad is preferable to any sort of tangible gift. It’s not.
June 13, 2013 - Peoria Journal Star
- Sebastian Junger in Memphis Commercial Appeal (blog)
The family, founded on indissoluble marriage between a man and a woman, is the expression of this relational, filial and communal aspect of life. It is the setting where men and women are enabled to be born with dignity, and to grow and develop in... Pope Benedict XVI http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Benedict_XVI&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNG46bW2RwVceLegHVO52x6Mpv_pVg Zenit News Agency http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.zenit.org/english/visualizza.phtml%3Fsid%3D92331&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEMCgiw5HkGqn5YtjUDCDee3pKDHg Jul 9, 2006
37367 48356 filial The appeal is that your role is very clear and simple. Your relationship with everyone else is very clear and solid. That filial brotherhood more than made up for it. What they're really talking about missing is being part of a group like that....
- Choi Sung-yong in New York Times
I have been a headache for the South Korean government,Mr. Choi said. "But I am finally carrying out my filial duty to my father."