filet : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a boneless steak cut from the tenderloin of beef
- n a longitudinal slice or boned side of a fish
- n lace having a square mesh
- v decorate with a lace of geometric designs
- v cut into filets
filet the fish
- Instead, she is remembered as one of the capital's most successful hostesses, a gifted gossip whose decades of sharing filet of beef and sly one-liners with statesmen and their .
- In addition to obvious combinations, like a mellow Cabernet with a rare filet mignon, Winezap recommends unlikely matches, like Barolo with curried dishes.
- Afterward, they claim, it will be easy to run down the menu and pick poached filet of sole, champagne sauce"perhaps one gram for the flour in the sauce; highly recommended"or .
News & Articles
- Wis. dog collects over 1,000 cards after turning 20
A Bayfield, Wis. pooch turned 20 this weekend, collecting over 1,000 cards, a watercolor painting, a half-filet of whitefish and a vanilla ice cream cone.
June 17, 2013 - FOX 9 News Twin Cities
- Technique presents salmon as 'filet mignon'
'Filet Mignon' conjures up visions of a lean and tender cut of prime beef either simply grilled or lavishly dressed up with extravagant accoutrement such as fois gras, mushrooms, truffles and rich sauces such as Tournedos Rossini.
June 16, 2013 - Salem Statesman Journal
- McDonald’s Fisherman Jostles With Kermit to Woo Smartphone Users
Oleksiy Makhmutor, a fisherman who trawls the sub-Antarctic and sells his catch to McDonald’s Corp., is joining Filet-O-Fish fans at tables across Australia as the world’s largest restaurant chain introduces diners to the folks who supply its beef, fish and buns.
June 16, 2013 - Bloomberg