fifth : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a quantity of liquor equal to one fifth of a United States gallon
- n position five in a countable series of things
he was fifth out of several hundred runners
- n one part in five equal parts
- n the musical interval between one note and another five notes away from it
- s coming next after the fourth and just before the sixth in position
- Our fifth annual list of the world's most influential people: leaders, thinkers, heroes, artists, scientists and more.
- Today, even though only about one-fifth of all retail credit union deposits make their way to corporate credit unions, corporates still fill an important role in providing .
- On Thursday, Sarkozy began his fifth African sojourn in less than three years with a trip to the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), a violence-plagued Central African nation .
News & Articles
- Saks Fifth Avenue Unveils New Creative Campaign ‘LOOK’
Saks Fifth Avenue introduces its new creative campaign, LOOK. The creative campaign focuses on the retailer’s reputation as a place of discovery, and will come to life through adve
June 17, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Fifth Ave. Business Improvement District seeks tax increase to pay for marketing, events
Organizers of the Fifth Avenue South Business Improvement District want to up the assessment rate on property owners to pay for events, marketing and a salary bump for its leader. What do city leaders and business owners think of the proposal?
June 17, 2013 - Naples Daily News
- Fifth-graders learn safety lessons
SANDY CREEK — More than 450 fifth-grade students attended the 11th annual Oswego County Progressive Agriculture Safety Day on June 5 at the Oswego County Fairgrounds in Sandy Creek.
June 17, 2013 - The Palladium-Times
- Edwin Jackson in The Canadian Press
It was definitely a great feeling, especially after those first few innings. ...... After the fifth I looked up and said 'Wow' there's no hits.'Jackson said.
- Gerardo Martino in St. Louis Post-Dispatch
Character plays a big role,Martino said. "What can you say when (Oscar) Cardozo asks to kick the fifth penalty and he does it the way he did it?"
- Phil Mickelson in News & Observer
It was [frustrating] because I had opportunities,he said. "I had a 15-foot eagle putt on four, and I make a par. I have a 5-iron into [the par-5 fifth], and I make a par. That was frustrating. But at the turn I was ...... even par for the...