fewer : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a (comparative of `few' used with count nouns) quantifier meaning a smaller number of
fewer birds came this year
the birds are fewer this year
fewer trains were late
- a a quantifier that can be used with count nouns and is often preceded by `a'; a small but indefinite number
- Fewer unwanted pregnancies, pro-choice groups argue, is the key to fewer abortions: In fact, the abortion rate among teenagers has been falling most sharply.
- India has far fewer HIVAIDS cases than previously thought, if a new and comprehensive national health survey is to be believed.
- According to Targ, the prayed-for patients had fewer and less severe new illnesses, fewer doctor visits, fewer hospitalizations and were generally in better moods than those in .
News & Articles
- Fewer drivers will be hitting the road for July 4th, AAA says
Fewer drivers will take to the road during the Independence Day holiday in part due to a sluggish economy, but also because people will take less time off, travel group AAA said Thursday.
June 21, 2013 - New Haven Register
- Fewer Americans to travel for July 4 holiday
Fewer Americans will be traveling over the July 4 holiday, as the shorter holiday weekend keeps more people close to home, according to estimates from motorist group AAA.
June 20, 2013 - CNN Money
- Fewer drivers seen on July 4 as shorter holiday, economy bite: AAA
(Reuters) - Fewer drivers will take to the road during the Independence Day holiday in part due to a sluggish economy, but also because people will take less time off, travel group AAA said on Thursday. The group expects 40.8 million people to travel 50 miles or more from home during the July 4 break and 34.4 million of them will drive, a drop of about 0.7 percent from the estimated 34.7 million ...
June 20, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Bart Stupak in Trading Markets (press release)
Quite frankly, BP blew it,he said. "You cut corners to save money and time. And as the chief executive officer of BP Ã¢â‚¬| you called for fewer people in the decision-making process. You stated individuals need to be accountable for...
- President Bush in USA Today
Gen. Petraeus and Ambassador Crocker tell me if the kind of success we are now seeing continues, it will be possible to maintain the same level of security with fewer American forces,Bush told reporters at a US military base, where he spent...