- n a small elite group
it was designed for the discriminating few
- a a quantifier that can be used with count nouns and is often preceded by `a'; a small but indefinite number
a few weeks ago
a few more wagons than usual
an invalid's pleasures are few and far between
few roses were still blooming
few women have led troops in battle
- In a few hours his roommates will be surprised not to meet another of his conquests stumbling into the living room for breakfast.
- He has a few weaknesses: exposing his buttocks, sassing his father, making prank calls to Moe's Tavern ("Is Oliver there? Oliver Clothesoff?") and speaking like a Cockney chimney .
- Meanwhile, a few are already quietly striving for international standards, aided by new technologies like digital video that allow higher production values at little extra cost.
News & Articles
- A few storms for Sunday
FEW STORMS FOR FATHER”S DAY High pressure is making a brief stay across the region this afternoon. It begins losing its grip with the approach of our next frontal system through the overnight period. Clouds build tonight as …
June 15, 2013 - FOX 43 Harrisburg
- A Few Tips for The Last of Us
The Last of Us is finally out, and now I get to share in the joy of having others play it, as there have been few others to talk to about the game when I beat my review copy a week ago. I'll probably have some commentary about the surely controversial ending soon, but first I thought I'd chime in with a few tips regarding gameplay I didn't cover or only brushed on during my official review.
June 15, 2013 - Forbes
- After rocky few months, Lululemon tries to lighten up with joke-filled CEO job posting
NEW YORK — Lululemon has had a rocky few months. Now it's looking for help. According to a new CEO job ad it's posted, it's seeking a leader who can hold a headstand for at least 10 minutes, communicate in Sanskrit and down wheatgrass and tequila shots on Fridays for work-life balance.
June 14, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- David Petraeus in CNN
My sense is that the tough fighting will continue,he warned. "Indeed, it may get more intense in the next few months. As we take away the enemy's safe havens and reduce the enemy's freedom of action, the insurgents will fight back."
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Los Angeles Times
This announcement is as convincing an answer to the efforts undertaken by Iran over the last few days as any we could provide,Clinton said.
- Amare Stoudemire in Washington Post
No one wanted to make the first move,Stoudemire told reporters in New York, "and I feel confident enough to take that first step and hopefully now we can bring a few guys in to join me."