- a a quantifier that can be used with count nouns and is often preceded by `as' or `too' or `so' or `that'; amounting to a large but indefinite number
the temptations are many
a good many
a great many
take as many apples as you like
too many clouds to see
never saw so many people
- Clinton entered the White House having tempered the skepticism of many pro-life voters with his insistence that abortion should be "safe, legal, and rare.
- No one will ever know how many innocent men and boys were searched for drugs as part of Operation Pipeline.
- Since Osama bin Laden is no Islamic scholar, many deny his right to issue a fatwa.
News & Articles
- Many immigrants excluded from health care overhaul
Many immigrants will have to wait more than a decade to qualify for health care benefits under the proposed immigration overhaul being debated by Congress.
June 21, 2013 - Portland Press Herald
- Many Veterans Are Returning With Substance Abuse Issues
Many veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan are suffering from substance abuse. Anyone who is experiencing a dependency issue should contact a detox center like Harbor Village to begin the recovery process. (PRWeb June 21, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10845250.htm
June 21, 2013 - PRWeb
- Many Black People Are Conservative, but Not the Way Most Think
Many black people vote Democratic, although their moral views are more in line with Republicans. A UAB professor explains why.
June 21, 2013 - Newswise
- Mitch McConnell in Los Angeles Times
Sen. Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the chamber's Republican leader, said Byrd will be remembered "for the many times he recalled the Senate to its purposes."
- Donovan in TSN
I am proud of our guys,Donovan said. "I don't know that there are many teams that would have responded in that way to going two goals down."