feria : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a weekday on which no festival or holiday is celebrated
in the middle ages feria was used with a prefixed ordinal number to designate the day of the week, so `secunda feria' meant Monday, but Sunday and Saturday were always called by their names, Dominicus and Sabbatum, and so feria came to mean an ordinary weekday
- n (in Spanish speaking regions) a local festival or fair, usually in honor of some patron saint
- Every spring the siren calls to travel are very much the same--Oh, to be in England, now that April's there, or at the bullfights at the feria de abril in Seville--yet new .
- All the immemorial sights are here too: the revelry following the feria at Seville, the impact of the roomful of Velzquez paintings at the Prado, the soaring, glowing Gothic .
- Swinging into the spirit of the feria, Jackie donned the traditional comb and mantilla to accompany Garrigues to her second bullfight.