- n a metric unit of length equal to one quadrillionth of a meter
- n Italian nuclear physicist (in the United States after 1939) who worked on artificial radioactivity caused by neutron bombardment and who headed the group that in 1942 produced the first controlled nuclear reaction (1901-1954)
News & Articles
- Enfield school board sets calendar for next school year
ENFIELD — The Board of Education on Tuesday unanimously approved alterations to the upcoming school year calendar to extend winter vacation by a day, while still holding firm on the proposed graduation dates for Enfield and Fermi high schools.
June 26, 2013 - Journal Inquirer
- Fermi High Graduates Receive Diplomas Under Clear Skies
Follow Your Town News On The Courant's Enfield Facebook Page A sea of black and blue draped graduating seniors were led onto the football field of Enrico Fermi High School by a bagpipe player Thursday. Some danced, several sported sunglasses and nearly all cheered loudly as they approached the center of the field.
June 21, 2013 - Hartford Courant
- Fermi Laboratory Names New Director
Nigel Lockyer, currently director of the Canada’s national laboratory for particle and nuclear physics, will take over at Fermilab in September.
June 20, 2013 - New York Times
- Jen-Hsun Huang in Techtree.com
Huang said, "The Fermi architecture, the integrated tools, libraries and engines are the direct results of the insights we have gained from working with thousands of CUDA developers around the world. We will look back in the coming years and see...