fat-free : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a without fat or fat solids
nonfat or fat-free milk
- Now grownups may also have a good reason to drink (fat-free) milk.
- Food giant ConAgra, which successfully produces trans-fat-free margarine spreads, has found stick margarine an intractable challenge.
- Or your refrigerator automatically reordering groceries--fat-free if your Net-linked bathroom scale suggests you've been eating too well lately.
News & Articles
- 5 tips for long-term energy
1JUST SAY NO TO 'OSE' Eliminate breakfast cereals that list ingredients like sugar, corn syrup, honey or anything that ends in "ose" (dextrose, sucrose, maltose). Instead, go for low-sugar berries, whole-grain cereals (like old-fashioned oats), nuts (1 ounce is a serving) and plain Greek yogurt (fat-free if you're trying to lose weight).
June 12, 2013 - Philadelphia Daily News
- Low-cost, fat-free fish protein facility gets go ahead
Bluewave Marine Ingredients’ new food-grade facility in Peru will soon start production of its fat-free, membrane-refined fish protein and fish peptide products, offering the food industry ‘new opportunities and applications’.
June 11, 2013 - Nutraingredients.com
- Garden Omelet
1 small tomato seeded and chopped 1/2 small zucchini, chopped 1/2 small yellow squash, chopped 1/4 cup chopped onion 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms 1 cup egg substitute 1 to 2 teaspoons hot sauce 1/4 teaspoon salt 2 ounces fat-free cheddar cheese 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
June 10, 2013 - The Daily Iberian
- Michael Jacobson in Crain's New York Business
If these chains want to claim they are switching to trans-fat-free frying oil, they need to switch it at the supplier as well as at the restaurant,CSPI executive director Michael Jacobson said in a statement.
- Mary Polak in CTV British Columbia
By the time we hold the Olympics in 2010, we want every British Columbian and every visitor to our province to know the food they order in restaurants or eat at schools is trans fat-free,said Mary Polak, BC Minister of Healthy Living and Sport.
- Richard Simmons in Tampa Tribune
I used to be a Vienna sausage, and now I'm fat-free licorice,says fitness guru Richard Simmons.