fashioned : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v make out of components (often in an improvising manner)
She fashioned a tent out of a sheet and a few sticks
- s planned and made or fashioned artistically
beautifully fashioned dresses
- His vision of Russia is that of a great power in the old-fashioned European sense.
- In place of old-fashioned rubber panties, the new cloths use water-resistant covers made of merino wool, nylon or polyurethane laminate.
- Adapting Cormac McCarthy's novel, Joel and Ethan Coen have fashioned a nearly mainstream action movie that is dry, funny, beautifully acted, thrillingly cinematic.
News & Articles
- White Sox 4, Astros 2
HOUSTON -- The Chicago White Sox finally fashioned a rally that yielded a favorable result, turning their four-run sixth inning into a 4-2 victory over the Houston Astros on Monday night at Minute Maid Park.
June 18, 2013 - The SportsXchange via Yahoo! Sports
- Homestead Mayor's Lock-Cutting Incident Sparks Dispute With Local Businessman
An old-fashioned case of gatecrashing left Homestead's mayor facing a vandalism investigation last month, and even though charges were never filed, the incident has blossomed into a blistering dispute between a local businessman and the city's top politico. The trouble began March 7 with ...
June 18, 2013 - Miami New Times
- 'A good, old-fashioned horse show'
'A good, old-fashioned horse show' Dildabanian was under the spectator tent in front of the hunters event, a more mild-mannered event as compared to the jumping event a few rings away. Behind the hunters ring, more spectators gathered around the high-jumping ring, including Yvonne Lugo, of Yonkers, N.Y., who tagged along with her husband Gene, who wanted to take photos of the event. Just 20 ...
June 17, 2013 - Connecticut Post
- Rex Ryan in MiamiHerald.com
It's just old-fashioned ground-and-pound football,Ryan said. "Throw completions and play great defense, and here we are."
- John McCain in FOXNews
I guess I am a little old fashioned about these things. I prefer to let the voters weigh in before presuming the outcome,McCain said. "What America needs now is someone who will finish the race before taking the victory lap, someone who...
- Gordon Brown in WalesOnline
I think actors of today should adapt to situations appropriately, like using old-fashioned terms for old-fashioned movies or using modern-day speech for modern-day films. Actors shouldn't mix old-fashioned speech with modern-day films. It just... Jackie Chan http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackie_Chan&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGNyGHRMinAIlvIdPHm98vhVjqStQ Forbes http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/10/21/ap4242850.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFwYPB59JTNXdDQQjFbAp_G23ClyQ Oct 21, 2007
36465 47207 fashioning Mr Brown said: I think we are fashioning for the future a global deal, a grand bargain, where each continent accepts its responsibilities and its obligations to act to deal with what is a global problem that can only be solved with a global...