- n the fans of a sport or famous person
- Maybe I'm ignorant to other fandom-sponsored charity organizations, and if I am, I'd love to be enlightened.
- We talked about Twilight fandom and the lessons of Golden Compass and Weitz's natural estrogen levels.
- Now, because of Harry Potter fandom's love for decoding Rowling's character names (Peter Pettigrew), I bet there is a Cryptonym.
- Chris Weitz in Reuters UK
With the 'Lord of the Rings' they were so well known around the world that you could depend upon just the fandom to be this huge core demographic,Weitz told Reuters.
- Drew McWeeny in Kansas City Star
There's a hefty sense in fandom that this summer kind of laid an egg,McWeeny said. "This trailer has a hint of mystery, something to engage them that right now they can focus on."
- Nancy Baym in Atlanta Journal Constitution (registration)
Fans are becoming more and more participatory in social groups that are built around doing their own things with pop culture materials,Baym said. "That trend is sweeping fandom and is largely motivated by the Internet."