excise : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a tax that is measured by the amount of business done (not on property or income from real estate)
- v remove by erasing or crossing out or as if by drawing a line
- v levy an excise tax on
- v remove by cutting
The surgeon excised the tumor
- In 1949, under the excise tax system, said Henderson, only $40 billion, or 22.
- Said he: "The excise taxes which this bill repeals were initially levied as emergency revenue-raising measures at the time of the Korean War, World War II, or at the time of the .
- Of the Kerry excise tax proposal, Loveless says, "We're looking at it very closely and we're trying to calculate the cost of excise tax on our plans, but I do know it's going to .
News & Articles
- Excise arrests 30 at Zac Brown concert
The Indiana State Excise Police arrested 30 people during the Zac Brown Band concert Sunday night. Read more at www.WISHTV.com
June 10, 2013 - WISH-TV Indianapolis
- Excise officers arrest 30 at Zac Brown Band concert
PRESS RELEASE – Indiana State Excise Police officers arrested 30 people on 35 charges during the Zac Brown Band concert at Klipsch Music Center this evening. That’s down from last month’s concerts, when excise officers arrested 54 people at Brad …
June 10, 2013 - FOX 59 Indianapolis
- Excise Police arrest 30 at Zac Brown concert
Indiana State Excise Police report they arrested 30 minors on 35 charges during the Zac Brown Band concert Sunday night at Klipsch Music Center.
June 10, 2013 - WTHR Indianapolis
- Louise Ellman in BBC News
Chairman Louise Ellman added: "The government handled a phased set of increases to Vehicle Excise Duty (car tax) so badly they tarnished the image of environmental taxes."
- Malcolm Turnbull in Melbourne Herald Sun
I support it (the excise cut) because I'm part of the team, and it is our Liberal Party-Coalition reply to the Budget,Mr Turnbull said. "And it is a good policy, and I do support it personally. Naturally, I support the policy measures...
- Warren Truss in Stock and Land
Firstly, follow the Coalition's decisive lead and cut fuel excise by five cents a litre,Mr Truss said. "Labor has a dreadful record on fuel excise - driving it up 500pc between 1983 and 1996 - but cutting it now will be a relief for...