exceeding : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v be greater in scope or size than some standard
- v be superior or better than some standard
- v be or do something to a greater degree
- s far beyond what is usual in magnitude or degree
a night of exceeding darkness
- Nearly 30 states are already forecasting budget shortfalls for the coming year exceeding $39 billion.
- Democrats: 67% meeting, 23% exceeding, 4% falling below.
- I once broke down at the airport when my gel was confiscated for exceeding the 3-oz.
News & Articles
- Singapore Haze Worst In Seven Years
The Singapore haze is now the worst in seven years. The peak PSI reached 155 at 10:00 pm, exceeding the 2006 peak of 150. The skies are saturated with an unsightly and toxic haze and the air smells like smoke. Singapore’s National Environment Agency has issued a warning to children and the elderly to avoid... Read more » Singapore Haze Worst In Seven Years is a post from: The Inquisitr
June 17, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Vt Public Service: Allow time to fix wind problems
LOWELL, Vt. (AP) — Vermont's Department of Public Service is recommending that utility regulators find the Lowell Mountain wind project in violation for exceeding noise limits four times last winter.
June 17, 2013 - Boston Globe
- The Biggest Turnaround Job Of 2013: The IRS
The IRS is in trouble, deep trouble. With over 100,000 employees and a budget exceeding $12 billion, the government agency may be the largest organization in crisis in America today. It is also the most visible turnaround project so far in 2013, corporate or government.
June 16, 2013 - Forbes
- Muqtada al-Sadr in International Herald Tribune
In a statement, al-Sadr said he would "freeze" the Mahdi Army "for a period not exceeding six months" to reorganize the force "in such a manner that would maintain and preserve the prestige of this symbol of the faith."
- Wen Jiabao in China Daily
As Wen Jiabao said: "Whatever outcome this conference may produce, we will be fully committed to achieving and even exceeding the target."
- Joe Maddon in International Herald Tribune
I had anticipated that we'd be a lot better by now. I'd be lying if I said I thought we'd be this many games over .500,Maddon said. "That's exceeding expectations a bit."