- n an ethnic quality or affiliation resulting from racial or cultural ties
ethnicity has a strong influence on community status relations
- Joy is a Malay originally known as Azlina Jailani, and by Malaysian law her ethnicity automatically makes her a Muslim subject to Shari'a law.
- It also presents many "points of interest," so you can find restaurants (listed by style and ethnicity), parks, hotels and hospitals.
- Last year, Ding Hui, a young man of African-Chinese ethnicity, caused a stir when he was called up to the national volleyball team, prompting much soul-searching about whether .
- Emmanuel III Delly in Forbes
Iraq is a bouquet of flowers of different colors, each color represents a religion or ethnicity but all of them have the same scent,the 80-year-old Delly told the congregation.
- Imtiaz Ahmed in The Associated Press
Successive political governments with conflicting political interests, fragile policies and weak political determination and will were not able to deal with the cancerous disease of sectarianism, ethnicity and the mafias,Imtiaz Ahmed, a...
- Johnny Miller in Toronto Sun
I apologize to anyone who was offended by my remarks,Miller said in a statement through NBC. "My intention was to convey my affection and admiration for Rocco's everyman qualities and had absolutely nothing to do with his ethnicity.