ethnology : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the branch of anthropology that deals with the division of humankind into races and with their origins and distribution and distinctive characteristics
- Modern anthropology overlaps a number of sciencesanatomy, pediatrics, sociology, psychology, ethnology, paleontology.
- They shared with their friend Thomas Jefferson a passion for such Enlightenment sciences as ethnology, paleontology, zoology and botany.
- A brilliant student of anthropology and ethnology at Columbia University under famed Professor Franz Boas, she had been granted a fellowship to go west and study red men in situ.
News & Articles
- African civil war survivors craft weapons into art
An exhibition at the National Museum of Ethnology in Suita is showcasing about 20 works of art made from dismantled weapons such as antitank rocket launchers, rifles and guns, created by local artists in formerly war-torn Mozambique.
Aug. 27, 2013 - The Oneida Daily Dispatch
- Jon S Corzine in CNNMoney.com
The State Museum is one of New Jersey's great treasures, a place where natural history, archaeology and ethnology, fine art, culture and the wonders of science converge to educate visitors young and old alike,noted Governor Corzine. "The...
- Graham Robb in guardian.co.uk
Robb writes: "The difference between the two parts, broadly speaking, is the difference between ethnology and history: the world that was always the same and the world that was always changing."