ethnography : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the branch of anthropology that provides scientific description of individual human societies
- Beneath this icy surface of exotic ethnography and glistening photography bubbles an elemental tale of sex and violence.
- Cried Poland's Premier Edward Osubka-Morawski: all 852 square miles of the Teschen area must belong to Poland if ethnography means anything.
- This might have been a condescending exercise in ethnography, but Brosens and Woodworth have a directorial touch to match the ravishing landscapes and flinty people.
News & Articles
- Armenian study center to debut at UCLA
An allotment of Armenian books and cultural artifacts linked to the country's history and diaspora following the 1915 genocide will debut at UCLA in the first permanent research program of its kind at any major American university dedicated to Armenian archaeology and ethnography.
June 12, 2013 - La Cañada Valley Sun
- $2M gift for Armenian archaeology, ethnography center
The UCLA Cotsen Institute of Archaeology has received a $2 million gift from UCLA alumna Zaruhy Sara Chitjian to establish the first permanent research program in Armenian archaeology and ethnography at a major American university.
June 10, 2013 - UC Newsroom