- v remove from customary environment or associations
years of boarding school estranged the child from her home
- v arouse hostility or indifference in where there had formerly been love, affection, or friendliness
- s caused to be unloved
- As baby boomers age, more are becoming estranged from their brothers and sisters.
- An Israeli taxi driver is approached out of the blue by a young woman, a soldier, who tells him that she has been having an affair with his estranged father, and that his father .
- Ponti, then married, had tried keeping his relationship with Loren hush-hush, as his lawyers won a Mexican divorce from his estranged wife, Giuliana.
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in Reuters
The crises in society, the family, morality, politics, security and the economy ...... have come about because the prophets have been forgotten, the Almighty has been forgotten and some leaders are estranged from God,Ahmadinejad said,...
- Hashemi Rafsanjani in New York Times
Over the weekend, Ali Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani, an influential former president, warned in a speech that "the young and the elite have been estranged from the regime" and criticized the government for using the Revolutionary Guards and the Basij...
- Peter Andre in Washington Post
This story has led to a lot of speculation about whether I was faithful to my estranged wife, which even led her to mention it on a breakfast television show last week,Andre said. "Now hopefully this will bring these rumors and lies to an...