essential : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n anything indispensable
the essentials of the good life
- s absolutely necessary; vitally necessary
essential tools and materials
funds essential to the completion of the project
- a basic and fundamental
the essential feature
- s of the greatest importance
- a being or relating to or containing the essence of a plant etc
- a defining rights and duties as opposed to giving the rules by which rights and duties are established
- Israel's strategic priority now is countering the threat it sees in Iran's nuclear program, and on that front, Russian cooperation is essential.
- Ben Bernanke in FOXNews
To break that adverse feedback loop, it is essential that we continue to complement fiscal stimulus with strong government action to stabilize financial institutions and financial markets,Bernanke said.
- Barack Obama in New York Times
That kind of judge, Obama explained, will have empathy: "I view the quality of empathy, of understanding and identifying with people's hopes and struggles as an essential ingredient for arriving at just decisions and outcomes."
- Vice President Dick Cheney in International Herald Tribune
I think those programs were absolutely essential to the success we enjoyed of being able to collect the intelligence that let us defeat all further attempts to launch attacks against the United States since 9/11,Mr. Cheney said of Bush...