- n anything that is not essential
they discarded all their inessentials
- a not basic or fundamental
- s not absolutely necessary
- The rest of the movie is a mess Lee's first total miscalculation, his first wholly inessential film.
- And the argument that non-verbal communication is inessential only addresses half the problem.
- They don't want the inconvenience of having outsiders second guess their judgments about which works are inessential to their mission.
- Elena Kagan in Globe and Mail
What is worse even than the hearings themselves is a necessary condition of them: the evident belief of many senators that serious substantive inquiry of nominees is usually not only inessential, but illegitimate,Ms. Kagan wrote in 1995 after...
- Robert Hughes in Washington Post
Noland's circle paintings, in particular, seemed to expel everything 'inessential' to painting,critic Robert Hughes wrote in his book "American Visions." "A blazing sensuousness of color carried them, intensified by the circular format;...