- n an item inserted in a written record
- n the act of beginning something new
- n a written record of a commercial transaction
- n something (manuscripts or architectural plans and models or estimates or works of art of all genres etc.) submitted for the judgment of others (as in a competition)
- n something that provides access (to get in or get out)
beggars waited just outside the entryway to the cathedral
- n the act of entering
- An entry from Greece, for example, could still earn top points from Cyprus, even if the song is painful to listen to.
- Even though over the weekend my Wikipedia entry was changed to show that I died in January, I didn't in fact die in January.
- Two nearby ports of entry are not incompatible, as the Government indicated last week by designating both Ford Airport at Dearborn and Grosse Isle Airport near Detroit 15 miles .
- Francois Fillon in 940 News
France will not give its green light to the entry of Ukraine and Georgia,French Prime Minister Francois Fillon said Tuesday. "We think that it is not the correct response to the balance of power in Europe, and between Europe and Russia."
- Alan Poindexter in ABC News
We got the bonus of coming over the entire United States, and it was just absolutely gorgeous,said Poindexter, flanked by his six crewmates. "The entire entry track took us over the Rockies and over the Midwest and across the Mississippi...