submission : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n something (manuscripts or architectural plans and models or estimates or works of art of all genres etc.) submitted for the judgment of others (as in a competition)
several of his submissions were rejected by publishers
what was the date of submission of your proposal?
- n the act of submitting; usually surrendering power to another
- n the condition of having submitted to control by someone or something else
the union was brought into submission
his submission to the will of God
- n the feeling of patient, submissive humbleness
- n a legal document summarizing an agreement between parties in a dispute to abide by the decision of an arbiter
- n an agreement between parties in a dispute to abide by the decision of an arbiter
- n (law) a contention presented by a lawyer to a judge or jury as part of the case he is arguing
- He also makes the point that "there's an element of domination or submission or pain involved in almost any sexual interaction.
- Even Secretary-General Hiromu Nonakathe man who bullied Kato's supporters into submissionsaid last week that the vote of confidence from parliament doesn't .
News & Articles
- More work, less staff in Troy Comptroller's office prevent timely submission of reports
TROY — In the past decade, the city has failed to file annual financial reports to the New York State Comptroller’s Office before its deadline. The city’s comptroller cites both low staffing and an increase in activity in the city’s other financial funding arms for their tardy submission.
June 22, 2013 - The Troy Record
- DEAN'S LIST
The submission period for the fall 2012 Dean's lists has ended.
June 22, 2013 - The Record
- Submission wrestling to hit Kearney
KEARNEY — Mixed martial arts without the striking, that’s how Derek Stewart describes submission wrestling.
June 21, 2013 - Kearney Hub
- Ben Buckley in The Associated Press
Quite rightly Tim's disappointed, but our submission to FIFA has gone in this morning,Buckley said. "We have done a very comprehensive review of it and we are confident the submission will get a fair and reasonable hearing."
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Washington Post
Clinton said, "Judge Mukasey has been given ample opportunity - both at his confirmation hearings and in his subsequent submission to the Judiciary Committee - to clarify his answers and categorically oppose the unacceptable interrogation techniques...
- Martti Ahtisaari in Guardian Unlimited
I'm willing to integrate compromise solutions that parties might reach, and I will then finalize my settlement proposal for submission to the UN Security Council,Ahtisaari said, specifying that he would invite the rival sides to meet on Feb. 13.