- v ask for or request earnestly
- They flatter and entreat, and it is engaging, even addictive.
- As the archbishop of the Catholics in this area, I forbid any Catholic to participate or help in any way in said beauty competition, and I entreat parents to prohibit their .
- If any lady in your household is ever compelled to hold a press conference, entreat her not to condescend to newspaper women.
News & Articles
- Red-Handed: Meat Thieves Steal Over 2,000 Pounds of Beef
Beef thief at large. A group of thieves broke into a warehouse in central England and stole at least 360 whole beef rib eye roasts worth thousands of dollars. Detectives say the thieves are likely looking to sell the meat on the black market, and they entreat "anyone who is offered large quantities of cheap beef" to please let them know. The robbers clearly picked their target carefully ...
Nov. 7, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Hidayat Nur Wahid in Antara
At the risk of being seen emulating the `arrogance` of the SBY-Boediono camp, I entreat everybody to think in a way benefiting the nation in the long run, namely to complete the presidential election in a single round,Hidayat said here Saturday.
- Laisenia Qarase in fijilive.com (registration)
Qarase said "the longer Fiji is burdened with an authoritarian government, lacking in constitutional and legal legitimacy, the greater will be our national decline". "I therefore entreat the Forum leaders to use all the diplomatic, political...
- William Jennings Bryan in FOXNews
We have petitioned, and our petitions have been scorned. We have entreated, and our entreaties have been disregarded. We have begged, and they have mocked when our calamity came,Bryan said. "We beg no longer. We entreat no more. We...