enterprise : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a purposeful or industrious undertaking (especially one that requires effort or boldness)
he had doubts about the whole enterprise
- n an organization created for business ventures
a growing enterprise must have a bold leader
- n readiness to embark on bold new ventures
- The SEC cracks down on a family's business practices The genteel Buckley clan of fashionable rural Connecticut has long championed free enterprise and political.
- A great enterprise encountered severe and prolonged difficulties.
- EXPORTING ENTERPRISEEVER since peacetime foreign aid began, one of its stated objectives has been to promote private free enterprise abroad.
- President Bush in Reuters UK
Trying to reassure recession-weary Americans, Bush said: "Together, with determination and hard work, we will restore our economy to the path of growth. We will show the world once again the resilience of America's free enterprise system."