- n a skilled worker who can inscribe designs or writing onto a surface by carving or etching
- n a printmaker who prints from an engraved printing plate
- Tourists study a jewelry engraver hard at work The homegrown tones of amateur Chinese opera fill the air A child dutifully finishes his homework behind his parents' stall Hungry .
- But her 464-page biography of the famous night rider, silversmith, dentist, bell caster, copperplate engraver, and revolutionary politician is absorbing reading.
- Like every other Russian at Cortina, Moscow Speed-Skater Grishin, an engraver by trade, was honed to a fine edge.
News & Articles
- Mystery woman listed on veteran’s headstone
Engraver makes mistake on woman's husband's headstone. (Source: KUSA/CNN) DENVER (KUSA/CNN) - A military widow wants to know why another woman's name is engraved on her husband's headstone.
June 20, 2013 - KFVE Honolulu
- Geoff Ogilvy in International Herald Tribune
I just hope they've taught the engraver how to put an asterisk on the trophy,Geoff Ogilvy said eyes rolling and sarcasm dripping. "Then everyone will know what the tournament was all about." "With all due respect, the Open is bigger...
- Jerry Lewis in Calgary Herald
I had a gun in my carrying case . . . which was given to me by a marvellous engraver,Lewis said. "Last year, at the telethon of '07 he presented me with this gorgeous gift. I put it in that travelling case and I hadn't travelled since that...