endarterectomy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n surgical removal of the inner lining of an artery that is clogged with atherosclerosis
- The surgery, called endarterectomy, cleans out a narrowed carotid artery to prevent a stroke.
- DeBakey did his first carotid endarterectomy in 1953.
- Senator Kennedy gets a carotid endarterectomy.
News & Articles
- Lowest Risk Tx for Coronary Disease
A release from the clinic reports that the study compared carotid stenting followed by open heart surgery to both staged and combined carotid endarterectomy and open heart surgery.
Aug. 1, 2013 - ThirdAge