endearment : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the act of showing affection
- His family didn't have high hopes: his grandmother used to call him bholi, an endearment for a good-natured simpleton.
- Similar expressions of hand endearment follow, before the pair open the seriously carnal chapter of their affair in a presidential chteau in Rambouillet where Giscard himself .
- Confessions runs her through the chick-flick moves of endearment (walk into glass, run in high heels, spill food on self and others), but there are a few scenes where she cuts loose .
News & Articles
- Things a Carolina Panthers Fan Says
Like any professional sports team, the Carolina Panthers have their traditions and history that are unique to the team. Their fans have uttered phrases or used nicknames derived from the players or fellow fans that have caught on and stuck over the years. Carolina fans use these phrases as terms of endearment and to show a sense of pride or to voice their displeasure with the negative aspects ...
June 24, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Jeah! We Mapped Out The 4 Basic Aspects Of Being A 'Bro'
What up, bro? What's good, brah? This is the chant of the bro, an increasingly parodied and often eye-roll-inducing genus of young male. They're called bros mostly because they refer to each other as such so frequently. The usage of "bro" as a term of endearment isn't new, obviously. read more
June 21, 2013 - Georgia Public Broadcasting
- Jeah! We Mapped Out The Four Basic Aspects Of Being A "Bro"
What up, bro? What's good, brah? This is the chant of the bro, an equally parodied and celebrated genus of young men. (They've been designated "bros" mostly because, well, they say "bro" a whole lot.) The usage of "bro" as a term of endearment isn't new, obviously.
June 21, 2013 - KERA North Texas
- Judd Apatow in TheNewsTribune.com
The comedy I like was made by people who really cared about the stories they were telling and the characters they wrote,Apatow says "I love movies like `Say Anything' and `Terms of Endearment,' `Animal House,' `Clerks' - character-driven...
- Bob Baldwin in Sydney Morning Herald
I think that people should get off their high horse and take a reality check,Mr Baldwin told AAP. "I have never seen anything so criminal in all my life. It's part of the Australian vernacular. It's a term of endearment and of mateship."