- v give extra weight to (a communication)
- v to stress, single out as important
- s spoken with emphasis
- While his campaign had focused almost exclusively on domestic issues, Sarkozy emphasised international affairs on Sunday night, including an "appeal to our American friends to .
- But they might find time to glance at the People's Daily leading article of July 24th, which emphasised that modern armed forces could not be built up without heavy industries .
- The Fourteenth Amendment embodied and emphasised that ideal.
News & Articles
- Soccer-Nigeria bonus dispute over 'for now' says skipper Enyeama
By Mike Collett BELO HORIZONTE, Brazil, June 16 - The dispute over player bonuses that threatened Nigeria's participation in the Confederations Cup does not seem to be fully resolved, captain Vincent Enyeama suggested on Sunday. "The dispute, which to all intents and purposes appeared to be settled on Friday, has only been resolved 'for now', Enyeama emphasised in a media briefing on Sunday. ...
June 17, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Lech Kaczynski in LIVENEWS.com.au
Kaczynski said Obama "emphasised the importance of the strategic partnership of Poland and the United States and expressed hope in the continuation of political and military cooperation between our countries. He also said that the missile defence...
- Vice President Dick Cheney in Reuters India
I emphasised the importance of making progress on the issues before us, not only on the security issues but also on the political issues that are pending before the Iraqi government,Cheney told a news conference. "I think they recognise...
- Barack Obama in Telegraph.co.uk
I emphasised that this has to be a point in time in which we begin to write a new chapter,Mr Obama said in describing his congratulatory phone call to Mr Karzai.