- n a person who acts as host at formal occasions (makes an introductory speech and introduces other speakers)
- v act as a master of ceremonies
- The caterer was pressed into service as an emcee.
- Do you miss your emcee duties on "The Tonight Show," or are you enjoying the time off? Ed McMahon: Well, I do miss my days on "The Tonight Show," but I actually am busier than ever.
- From the heavy presence of seafood mousses to the cheesy, Maurice Chevalier compliments the emcee paid the female judges, the Bocuse d'Or is nothing if not French.
News & Articles
- Today Show News Anchor and Co-Host Natalie Morales Announced as Emcee of 2013 Vail Living Well Summit
The Vail Living Well Summit founders, John and Jamie Stone, announced today that NBC News' Today Show personality Natalie Morales will emcee the 2013 Vail Living Well Summit™ . The announcement of Morales's ...
June 15, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- LAUSD students awarded cars, iPads for excellent attendance
There was an ad-libbing emcee, guests dressed in finery, a couple of acceptance speeches and a clutch of photographers snapping shots of the award-winners. Photo gallery: LAUSD students win cars, iPads for excellent attendance
June 14, 2013 - Los Angeles Daily News
- Can Rubio win over his fellow Republicans on immigration?
The attempted seduction of Senator John Cornyn by immigration reformers is akin to my effort to get Neil Patrick Harris, the best emcee ever of any awards show, to sing at my next birthday. No matter how much I offer him, he'll turn me down.
June 14, 2013 - The Rock Hill Herald