- n the exterior covering of a bird's egg
- Just out there--she points--a couple of miles offshore, lies the place where, early in the morning of April 18, 1906, the earth's crust cracked like an eggshell, unleashing what .
- He lists examples of irreducible complexity in nature for which, he says, Darwin has no explanation, such as the eggshell .
- The instant it tunnels its way past the egg's outer layer, an electric charge fires across the membrane and a signal from the sperm causes the eggshell to snap shut, blocking entry .
News & Articles
- Susan Clark, Midwife to a Gosling
On May 30, Topanga Animal Rescue founder Susan Clark was midwife for this baby chick. “After many hours of struggling to push out of his eggshell,” said Clark, “he got into trouble so I had to remove him from the egg and revive him somewhat (no mouth to mouth!).
June 13, 2013 - Topanga Messenger
- Eileen Collins in Aspen Times
The atmosphere almost looks like an eggshell on an egg, it's so very thin,described Collins. "We know that we don't have much air, we need to protect what we have."
- Jeffrey Wilson in CBC.ca
I saw the characteristic vertebrae of a snake beside the dinosaur eggshell and larger bones, and I knew it was an extraordinary specimen, even if I couldn't put the whole story together at that point,Wilson said in a statement. "I just...
- Michael Yon in FOXNews
Nobody has enough helicopters,said war correspondent Michael Yon, author of "Moment of Truth in Iraq" and a very frequent visitor to Afghanistan. "Our troops are spread as thin as an eggshell in extremely rough territory. Some bases...