- n egg-shaped vegetable having a shiny skin typically dark purple but occasionally white or yellow
- n hairy upright herb native to southeastern Asia but widely cultivated for its large glossy edible fruit commonly used as a vegetable
- But you don't learn where the eggplant comes from.
- Most of an eggplant, diced the same way an onion, sliced, which will make you cry even if you're a famous chef 1 thing of fennel, bulbs sliced, leaves chopped (Who .
- After half an hour, he chooses a pork loin that he'll cook along with spaghetti in a sauce of fennel, eggplant, zucchini, onion and a small store-brand can of peeled whole tomatoes.
News & Articles
- Cattle Corner: Beef Tapenede was a finalist
Bistro Beef Tapenade was a finalist in the 2009 National Beef Cook-Off. 2 beef shoulder top blade (flat iron) steaks (about 8 ounces each) 4 large (1?2 inch thick) slices eggplant 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided 1?2 teaspoon pepper 1?4 cup...
June 15, 2013 - Corning Observer
- Warren’s ‘Eggplant’ Lady recalled as Italian Fest nears
They’ll go through roughly 700 eggplants at this year’s Italian Festival at St. Alexander’s Church, which starts next Friday. But it won’t be the same without the Eggplant Lady. That was the affectionate nickname for long-time St. Alexander’s parishioner Jennie Proto, who died this past January at age 88. For years, Ms. Proto worked the [...]
June 14, 2013 - Warren Times-Gazette
- Freshly picked summer flavors: Corn, eggplant, peppers, tomatoes and zucchini offer many meal options
When the garden or the market offers up corn, tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant and peppers, try these creative ways to bring that seasonal bounty to the table.
June 12, 2013 - Missoulian
- Rick Bayless in Gulf Breeze News
The arrival of summer means a sudden availability of all sorts of fresh vegetables - from familiar zucchini and eggplant to more exotic mushrooms and chilies,says Rick Bayless, award-winning chef, cookbook author and host of the PBS show...
- Jairam Ramesh in Reuters
Very serious fears have been raised in many quarters on the possibility of Monsanto controlling our food chain if (GM eggplant) is approved,Ramesh said.
- Mel Tillis in Dateline Alabama
I dropped my eggplant,cracked Tillis, adding that the hardest thing for him - a self-professed "blabber mouth" - was keeping quiet until the announcement.