- n hairy upright herb native to southeastern Asia but widely cultivated for its large glossy edible fruit commonly used as a vegetable
- n egg-shaped vegetable having a shiny skin typically dark purple but occasionally white or yellow
- The monk sat cross-legged in the Manhattan hotel room in augbergine robes on an aubergine prayer mat, a thermos of tea, his reading glasses and a book, Mindfulness in the .
- Pickup Truck: bakkie (South Africa), ute (Australia), utility vehicle (New Zealand) Eggplant: aubergine (Britain), bhaigan (Caribbean) Bubba: Norm (Australia), Hoser (Canada).
- Some swanky touches: brand-new pillow-top beds with white duvets, headboards inlaid with backlit photos, flat-screen TVs in every room, ceilings painted aubergine, LED lights .
News & Articles
- Name dropper
Chef Justin Cogley of Aubergine in Carmel has received Relais & Chateaux's Grand Chef Award for 2014. The announcement came at a luncheon Tuesday at Daniel in New York City. Cogley, who joined Aubergine in 2011, was named Best New Chef by Food & Wine magazine this year.
Dec. 14, 2013 - The Monterey County Herald
- Gordon Ramsay in CatererSearch
I would say that a talent like Clare Smyth comes through the kitchen maybe once every 10 years,said Ramsay. "The last time was with Angela Hartnett in Aubergine and that was back in 1995."